Software Engineering Intern (Summer 2021)Apply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HMN03: S&IS (Sensors) - Burnsville Ea 14300 Judicial Rd, Burnsville, MN, 55306 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
We are currently searching for a college engineering intern for the summer of 2021 to join our team in Burnsville, MN. This position is for the InteliSight Software/Systems Engineering team. The InteliSight System consist of software and hardware onboard an aircraft as well as a ground system which utilize digital communications between the air and ground to help with maintenance and provide real time information on the operation of the aircraft.
The candidate responsibilities:
- Design and code based on low-level software requirements and guidance from senior team member,
- Build, test and deliver real-time embedded software to target environments in support of program and customer commitments,
- Assist with system level testing, working closely with cross functional areas to coordinate desired solutions, documenting problem reports and working resolution activities,
- Participate in design and code reviews with other members of the team to identify and eliminate problems early in the development process.
The following skills are desired from the candidate:
- Must have C++ / Object Oriented software development experience,
- Operating System knowledge,
- Python/Perl or any other scripting language knowledge and experience,
- Network protocol knowledge is a plus.
The successful candidate will also possess the following attributes:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Highly motivated, have a passion to win, be very flexible and energetic,
- Capable of solving difficult problems,
- Dedicated team player,
- Work all issues to resolution with an attitude of ownership of the entire problem in order to produce results that exceed customer expectations.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Collins Aerospace will not offer sponsorship for this position.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.