Program Management Intern (Summer 2020)Apply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HMN04: S&IS (Sensors) - Burnsville No 2900 West County Road 42, Burnsville, MN, 55337 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace is a global supplier of systems and services in the aerospace and defense markets with one of the most strategically diversified portfolios of products in the industry.
The Sensors business in Burnsville, MN has a position for a summer intern to work within the Engines & Space Sensor organization.
The intern will work closely with the assigned Program Manager on new and ongoing platforms and products with various levels of complexity. The Program Management responsibilities include:
Program leadership for business case management, commitment to program success, and building solid business relationships
- Successfully manage programs within program statement of work, scope, schedule and budget while being a recognized leader in analyzing risk and establishing associated contingencies
- Collaboration with a wide variety of functional areas inside and outside the organization to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities
- Assist in development of internal strategic plans
- Interprets, executes, and manages company-wide division/unit- wide modifications to policies and procedures
- Conduct cost and schedule management through approved earned value methodologies
- Contribute to the development of improved processes and tools necessary to manage the portfolio of current and pending programs under execution at the Burnsville, MN site.
Specific tasks include:
- Support new business pursuits by leading the development of new program cost/ basis of estimate, schedule, and technical baselines
- Establish program deliverables and manage delivery timing
- Define program objectives, scope and work requirements
- Identify risks and obstacles, quantify impacts, ensure mitigations and contingency plans are in place and executed
- Develop program operating plans in accordance with company process
- Coordinate personnel requirements with functional leadership
- Manage project communication planning and implementation
- Manage customer expectations for project execution
- Monitor, control, and track/report project status for all assigned projects
- Identify and control scope changes
- Escalate risk and issues for resolution as appropriate
- Manage program closure activities
- Conduct cost and schedule management reviews
*Education / Certifications
Currently pursuing BS/BA degree in an engineering discipline or business administration.
*Experience / Qualifications
Candidate will be expected to be proficient with Microsoft Windows and Office tools. The ideal candidate will have experience with Microsoft Project. He or she will be self-motivated, results-oriented and possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program
- Minimum completion of at least 30 credit hours
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident
- Must hold a GPA of at least 3.0
Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.