Mechanical Repair Tech III - 2nd ShiftApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HMN01: S&IS (Sensors) - Burnsville 14300 Judicial Rd, Burnsville, MN, 55306 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
- Operates production equipment, responsible for manufacturing and assembly of commercial aerospace components. Follows blueprints, guidelines, and/or diagrams to ensure product specifications and tolerance levels are met. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Perform technical tasks based on detailed written or verbal instructions.
- Utilize limited variety of microelectronic, electronic, optical, electro-optical, mechanical, or electromechanical equipment, including computers and lasers. Ability to read schematics.
- Perform entry level troubleshooting, calibration or modification of hardware, fixtures, and software.
- Participate on project teams.
- Perform task prioritization Interacts with other functional groups (e.g. engineering, manufacturing) on routine technical matters.
- Apply technical expertise in the evaluation, development, maintenance and use of products, devices, tests, or procedures under constantly changing conditions where some ingenuity and judgment are required.
- Manufacturing Activities Support activities through the resolution of problems and preparation and maintenance of documentation.
- Manage work flow throughout area to achieve team goals.
- Evaluate and troubleshoot non-conformances.
- Fabricate hardware, equipment, tools or prototypes from drawings or sketches.
- Estimate labor, material, and manufacturing costs for the building and repair of product or process enhancement. Identify and correct minor process, material, design, or equipment.
- Provide accurate recording of time changes, test data, parts usage, etc.
- This requires limited data interpretation.
- Utilize multiple databases to create/use necessary information to provide information for decision making requiring limited judgment.
- Technical Asset Management Manage technical assets.
- Requisition, manage, and maintain technical assets.
- Minimum Education Requirement: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two year technical degree and 3+ years equivalent experience. Applicants in pursuit of an electronics or equivalent technical degree are encouraged to apply.
- Must have experience in troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Production assembly experience preferred.
- Must be highly motivated and dedicated to exceeding customer expectations
Other Position Requirements:
- This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residence (Green Card) is required.
1) Action Orientation
2) Customer Focus
3) Functional/Technical Skills
4) Decision Quality
5) Problem Solving
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen. Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from company for more than 1 year.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.