Assembly/Tester (1st Shift)Apply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA11: Brea H&W 2727 Imperial Highway, Brea, CA, 92821 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
- Learn to set up and assemble parts, and testing of the unit.
- Demonstrate proper use of simple hand and machine tools.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Learn to accurately read and follow procedures, routing and other work instructions.
- Responsible for quality product standards with no defects.
- Meet customer deadlines.
- Responsible for building parts that meet customer expectations.
- Responsible to comply with applicable elements of quality systems.
- Participate in cost reduction plans and continuous improvement plans/events, as required.
- Participate in audits.
- Learn to follow Test procedures per AS9100 standards
- Acquire applicable skill/knowledge/certifications as required.
- Maintain materials, equipment, and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Comply with all rules and regulations of United Technologies, including, but not limited To: Environmental Health and Safety, Ethics, International Trade Compliance and Human Resources.
- Complete assigned tasks, not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this Job description in support of department objectives and to develop individual skills.
- Check work methods and results for conformance to standards and re-instruct as required.
- Report to lead or supervisor on work progress and updates including conditions Surrounding failures to meet quality standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 1+ years of work experience is required with some manufacturing and Test experience preferred
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have in addition to Qualifications)
- Two years of experience reading blueprints and assembly instructions
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed written and verbal instructions ie: Test procedures, component maintenance manuals, engineering drawings, schematics and other engineering documentation.
- Possess manipulative skills of a high level using a variety of hand tools and measuring instruments
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. consistently
- Computer literate.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
• Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
• Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.