Facilities Sr. TechApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HGA31: Atlanta, GA 5159 Southridge Parkway, Atlanta, GA USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
This position is for a staff Facilities technician who is under moderate supervision. Performs moderately complex equipment installation and machine set-up. Creates procedures and work instructions for operation of equipment, machinery and instruments and identifies updates as needed. Assists in orienting, training, and assigning work of business support employees.
• Works under moderate supervision to provide assistance with maintaining equipment, machinery, buildings and structures.
• Examines facilities and evaluates elements such as HVAC, lighting, size, condition and suitability for occupancy.
• Performs moderately complex equipment installation and machine set-up.
• Provides training to operators and technicians to make sure equipment is being used properly.
• Creates procedures and work instructions for operation of equipment, machinery and instruments and identifies updates as needed.
• Repairs, adjusts and maintains moderately complex production equipment, machinery, or instruments to ensure that it functions reliably and complies with process specifications.
• Prepares cost estimates for building renovations or space allocations.
• Plans, designs, and re-configures equipment, machinery, buildings, and structures to ensure the optimal utilization of the organization's facilities.
• Assesses and evaluates the physical space requirements of the organization and recommends plans to meet needs.
• Gathers and reviews data concerning facility or equipment specifications, company or government restrictions, required completion date, and construction feasibility.
• Reviews and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs.
• Ensures proper functioning of facilities through ongoing inspection and maintenance.
• Conducts machine inventories and arranges disposal of obsolete or no-longer-required equipment.
• Manages facilities contractor management process
This position requires an HS Diploma or AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a HS diploma, GED or AA/AS degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.