Senior AccountantApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HMD31: Annapolis, MD 2551 Riva Road , Annapolis, MD, 21401-7435 USA
The IMS Accounting and Treasury group is seeking a Senior Accountant to be a part of our Shared Services team. The Accounting team is responsible for ensuring compliance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The senior accounting role requires an experienced candidate who will be responsible for performing accurate and efficient general accounting, assisting in audit and internal control requirements and review of accounting policies and procedures. This role will also support the IMS organization daily cash management, electronic payment processing and bank account management.
- Preparing monthly financial statements and supporting schedules
- Performing general accounting functions (journal entries, reconciliations, etc.)
- Providing support to the business unit finance team
- Participating in internal and external audits
- Working with Corporate compliance team for Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) testing
- Preparing journal entries to record cash transactions
- Assisting with liquidity management by approving funding requests and transfers
- Assisting with the disbursement process by reviewing and approving electronic payments and reporting settlement activity
- Preparing daily notice of domestic cash position to RTX Treasury
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or similar area of study and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is Required.
- Minimum 3 years experience in public accounting or a general accounting role for a large corporation
- Audit / SOX experience
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- US Person/ Permanent Resident "Green Card" Holder
- SAP or Costpoint ERP experience
- Prior Cash Management experience
- Advanced Excel skills
This position is located in Annapolis, MD - the ability to work remotely may be considered as well.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
When you join our finance team, you’re joining a team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond. Our team supports 70,000 employees across the U.S. and around the globe. As a United Technologies Corp. subsidiary, we operate with our own business reporting structure, financial dashboards and earnings metrics. This reporting relationship allows finance team members to implement innovative tools for the aerospace market in a stand-alone business environment. At Collins Aerospace, you’ll be not only be advancing your career, you’ll be leaving your mark on the future of advanced technologies.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.