Regional Product Specialist - Messaging ApplicationsApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HMD31: Annapolis, MD 2551 Riva Road , Annapolis, MD, 21401-7435 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
As part of Collins Aerospace Avionics Group, our Information Management Services (IMS) provides a diverse array of services and solutions. Through its global private network, Collins is the industry leader—depended on by airlines around the world to deliver flexible, highly-reliable, cost-effective solutions, to evolve and adapt technology that optimizes and expands customer capabilities. Our global Network Services Business (AviNet) provides a diverse array of network and messaging services, including AviNet Airport, ARINC Messaging and our latest product ARINC Integrator, a data and application integration solution. As a result of the rapid growth in our business and changing technology trends, we are now looking for an experienced Product Specialist to join the team to drive further growth in our network and messaging application suites. The successful candidate will be part of the Network Services team and will work directly with customers located in North America and the LATCAR region. The role will be responsible for defining customer requirements and working with both customers and various internal teams across sales, engineering, and other regional teams to oversee projects from start to finish. The candidate will be working with the sales team to build a robust customer pipeline, present the product to customers, provide project management and oversee implementations from start to finish. Additionally, the candidate should be skilled in working with people and bringing people together to meet a common organizational goal(s).
- The role requires you to work directly with airline customers to design and implement connectivity & messaging application solutions based on the suite of services;
- An independent self-starter who will determine priorities and best practices. This person will think outside of the box, have a winning attitude, and promote positive change within the team.
- Act as a technical liaison between the Engineering team, the Sales team, and customers. Collaboration with other teams is an integral step that must be taken to be successful in this role.
- Support & initiate business development opportunities by identifying new products/services, as well as gathering requirements for enhancing existing products/services (e.g., requirements definition and solution specifications).
- Create custom solutions and technical designs to solve and meet customer needs in a complex messaging and network environment.
- Provide business unit technical support, including presentations directly to the customer and industry, including customer education and targeted product technical sales support;
- Provide technical support to bids and proposals.
- Identify and pursue follow-on/add-on work with current customers.
- Introduce existing products to current customers.
- Customer interface in a defined area. Maintains and enhances good customer relationships.
- Ensure that day to day business is conducted within the guidelines of established contracts, company policies and procedures.
- As the role is customer focused and may require face-to-face contact with both existing and potential customers, first impressions are vitally important. The successful candidate will be required to maintain the highest standards of professional conduct at all times.
- The role requires a proactive attitude when dealing with customer issues, whether in the office or on the road. The ideal candidate will also have the responsibility for managing customer expectations, relaying to customers what can and cannot be achieved, in an effective and positive way.
- The role requires the ability and flexibility to travel internationally, sometimes on short notice, to provide customer support.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience within the aviation sector particularly airline operational IT systems, airline data/messaging, or connectivity solutions.
- Possess knowledge with IATA Type A, Type B, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Application Programming Interface (API), and familiarity with aviation messaging systems.
- Two or more year’s successful product specialist and pre-sales experience, ideally in either an aviation or telecoms environment (or similar tech background).
- Strong understanding of the latest trends and innovations within the airline/airport industry and relevant technology areas.
- Excellent customer oriented attitude with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and self-motivated, able to show initiative.
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to work under pressure.
- Strong organizational, communication (written and verbal) and administrative skills.
- Target / deadline focused, with the ability to prioritize and manage a high degree of multi-tasking.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Fluent in both English and Spanish languages as this role supports customers in the LATCAR region. English is a must-have and Spanish would be a bonus.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.