Administrative Assistant, Commercial AviationApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HMD31: Annapolis, MD 2551 Riva Road , Annapolis, MD, 21401-7435 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Provide critical logistics support including calendar management, meeting scheduling, international travel planning, and expense reporting. Ensure flawless coordination of meetings to include room setup, equipment, materials preparation, catering, security, and network access capabilities for all external participants. Proactively track administrative requirements and responses tasked to leaders to ensure they and their teams meet key organization due dates.
- Be capable of maintaining confidentiality and highly responsive relationships with the team's managers within a fast-paced environment
- Collaborate with the other IMS/CANS administrative team members to support organization-wide initiatives, events, and communications
- Initiate routine forms and administrative business processes to support team needs including technology and facilities requirements
- As directed, compose emails, letters, memorandums, and recurring reports on the leaders' behalf without dictation
- Types and assembles data (i.e. tables, charts, reports, and memorandums) from verbal or written instruction; applies basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Apps capabilities to plan details of formatting, spacing and page layout
- Proofreads typed data ensuring proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar usage; may perform minor document revisions to ensure clarity
- Compiles data from numerous sources and produces summary reports as required under general direction
- Establishes, maintains and revises departmental files and readily identifiable control files for matters in progress
- Receives and prioritizes telephone calls, business visitors, and incoming mail; routes mail and inquiries to proper personnel
- Interfaces with departmental personnel concerning routine reporting and exchange of information requiring minimal interpretation to proper personnel
- This position requires an HS Diploma or AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a HS diploma, GED or AA/AS degree, 4 years of relevant experience is required.
- Prior experience as an administrative assistant supporting a mid-size team and multiple leaders and handling multiple deadlines.
- High level of organization skills to facilitate personal effectiveness and that of the leaders and teams supported, accompanied by a high level of of detail orientation to quickly provide the status of work assignments and produce documentation or information on demand.
- Proficiency using web-based business applications and switching between multiple systems to flex between tasks as needed.
- Cooperation - Recognizes that individual goals contribute toward accomplishing team outcomes.
- Coordinating - Demonstrates the ability to circulate information through the proper channels.
- Customer Service Orientation - Generally applies fundamental service techniques and adheres to proper customer procedures when interacting with customers.
- Dependability - Demonstrates the ability to follow through with work assignments and support management's policies and procedures.
- Detail Orientation - Is able to that is needed.
- Information Management - Uses various software packages to maintain and update documents and records.
- Relationships - Displays a compassionate attitude toward the needs of others.
- Stress Tolerance - Remains professional during stressful situations.
- Experience using Microsoft Powerpoint with ability to create professional presentations is a plus.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.