Electrical DrafterApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HPR01: Collins Puerto Rico - Aguadill Road 110 North Km28.8 San Antonio Industrial Park, Aguadilla, PR, 00603 USA
This position is for an Electrical Drafter. Performs complex drafting duties by operating Computer Aided Design (CAD). Guides the analysis of proposed site factors and design. Serves as a resource on varied tasks and leads in orienting, training, assigning, and checking work of entry-level professionals.
- Assists engineers with all activities related to part, assembly, and installation engineering drawings.
Develop / Write instructions for setting up particular pieces of equipment.
- Writing and reviewing notes on all aspects of our hardware documents (Drawings, both Mechanical and Electrical, Parts Lists, Cable Lists, Modification Instructions, Engineering Specifications, etc.)
- Performs complex drafting duties by operating Computer Aided Design (CAD) equipment such as digitizers, plotters, CRT’s, and associated peripheral equipment and software.
- Interprets complex engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Reviews complex project blueprints and structural specifications to determine dimensions of structure or system and material requirements.
- Guides the analysis of proposed site factors and design of maps, graphs, tracings, and diagrams to illustrate findings.
- Collaborates with engineers to determine accuracy of work and define drafting standards.
- Plans, lays-out, draws, and revises detailed part, assembly, and installation engineering drawings from basic layouts, references, and data.
- Completes details of major layout drawings prepared by others in accordance with standard engineering drafting practices using computer aided design systems.
- Determines scaling, inserts necessary reference datum, center and dimension lines, hidden line interpolations, and sectioning.
- Prepares complete production detail drawings.
- Develops design drawings according to engineering sketches and proposal specifications.
- Includes classifications normally populated by non-degreed personnel.
- AA/AS degree or other 2-year post high school training with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
- Certification may be required for technical support roles
- Experience with Electrical CAD (ECAD) drawings and schematics using AutoCAD or related
- Familiar with hardware documents (Drawings: Mechanical & Electrical, Part Lists, Cable Lists, Engineering Specifications. Etc.)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Strong attention to detail and personal organization.
- Professional attitude toward work assignments, toward customer relationships, and toward company/department goals and vision.
- Previous experience working in the aerospace industry
- Experience writing instructions for equipment
- Mechanical drafting experience using the following CAD tools: Siemens NX, PTC Creo
- Experience with reviewing drawings for other drafters
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Global Engineering Center (GEC) at Collins Aerospace Puerto Rico
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation.
In January 2021, Collins Aerospace will be expanding a new Global Engineering Center (GEC) facility in Puerto Rico, with plans to hire up to 250 employees over the next 5 years at our Aguadilla site.
Join our growing engineering team in Puerto Rico, where you will provide critical support to Collins SBUs – including our Mission Systems and Power & Controls teams – working on exciting programs and projects ranging from the development of the next generation of advanced concept ejection seats to the latest technologies for the U.S. warfighter.
Do you have what it takes to be a part of a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams and the status quo, and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, criticalillness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.